Writing skills are an important part of communication. Good writing skills allow you to communicate your message with clarity and ease to a far larger audience than through face-to-face or telephone conversations. Even in today’s electronic world, the importance of the ability to properly express one’s-self in writing is not only paramount for academic success but for success throughout life as well. In addition, many of the high school exit tests utilized by school districts now require students to demonstrate writing proficiency. At the Center, a comprehensive writing program is designed to meet each student’s individual needs.
Students will be instructed in sentence structure, paragraph design and essay formats that give each student confidence in creating clear topic sentences and supporting details to design clear and concise paragraphs and essays.
Your child will build a strong writing foundation by learning skills such as:
- The five steps of the writing process, including prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing
- Master techniques for various types of writing, including descriptive and persuasive paragraphs and essays
- Composition techniques, such as refining topic sentences, using specific details, and including appropriate transitions
- Sharpen vocabulary and spelling skills
- Grammar, including how to identify parts of speech, how to write with correct subject-verb agreement and punctuation, and how to avoid common errors, such as fragments and run-on sentences
Are you interested in private lessons?
Students may register at any time throughout the year for after-school, Saturday morning, and summer sessions. Please visit or call us at the following:
8567 Refugee Road
Pickerington, OH 43147
Phone: (614) 862 – 4321